Monday

Why Business Professionals are Drawn to Facebook's Farmville


Howdy Neighbor!

Did you know that every now and then I get a little ribbing from my colleagues for becoming such a devout Farmville player? I know it may seem odd for a successful work-at-home mom to spend what little spare time she has on online gaming. But I must say that this slightly addictive Facebook game has brought me great personal joy and laser business focus. Laser business focus?
Yep, let me explain....

My Social Media Engagement Has Increased
I have bonded personally and professionally with so many wonderful entrepreneurs who also enjoy the Facebook games. I'm networking with people from all around the globe. Maintaining relationships with my Farmville and Facebook friends keeps me socially active online, not just cruisin' for clients. I find that the more active I am, the more paying clients I seem to organically attract. Go figure!

My Business Skills Have Improved
Playing this simple online game has sharpen my money management skills and decision making abilities which has helped me make better calls for my own real-life business. I have learned how to effectively balance various streams of income, including investing in Facebook gaming stock.

Farmville Has Proven That Products are Power
Even Farmville knows that the gamers need actual products in order to become wildly successful while playing. Guidance from this farming game has shown me why I need to develop quality products within my own business. I steadily observe virtual products within this game to see why some are popular and why others are not. This practice gives me a clearer understanding for my own business marketing plans.

Play Reinforces Good Business Habits
Farmville has become my 'Zen' time. Cultivating the soil, planting, growing and sharing the harvest keeps me in a place of love and friendship. The best way to play this game is by giving. The more you give to your neighbors, the more you share, the more you are rewarded. That's a great business model. Now that I'm calmer, I find that I'm able to see my business growth projects through to completion, which affords me a larger income. In so many ways, I really do reap what I sow.


Business networking comes in many shapes and forms. Some play golf, attend networking events, meet at a spa or gym, or play games. There is no right or wrong place to network, however your best business prospects can be found the easiest when you are relaxed and authentic.